The January/February 2014 60th anniversary double issue features Kate Moss in an unprecedented 18-page pictorial and cover appearance photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
In addition to its much-buzzed about Kate Moss pictorial, Playboy’s 60th anniversary issue delivers the outstanding journalism and award-winning content the magazine is known for, with a unique mix of essays, articles, fiction and interviews. Highlights from the milestone issue include:
– Essays from playwright David Mamet, tech pioneer Jaron Lanier, philosopher Slavoj Zizek, experimental fiction king Mark Leyner, novelist Rick Moody, Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Buzz Bissinger, Buzzfeed Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith, acclaimed environmental expert Alex Hall, and legendary comedian Gilbert Gottfried
– Sex: A Very Oral Report: A panel of 12 feminists-including Erica Jong, Naomi Wolf, Jane Pratt, Aisha Tyler, Natasha Leggero, and Dr. Ruth-speak about the best and worst of sexual liberation in modern America
– The Dead Letter File: 60 years of archived correspondence to come over the transom, including letters from Bertrand Russell, Hunter S. Thompson, Ronald Reagan, Ian Fleming, Lenny Bruce, Truman Capote and William S. Burroughs
– Playboy, Magazine Ads and the Original Mad Man: George Lois examines 60 years of the most creative and downright peculiar ads to have run in the magazine
– The Playboy Interview with Ben Affleck; 20Q with Patton Oswalt; an exclusive comic from Joe Casey; new fiction from B.J. Novak and Don Wislow; and the magazine’s 60th anniversary Playmate.